DECLARATION

Declaration:
God is GOOD.
God is in a GOOD mood.
We are the expression of His love.
We are co-heirs with His Son, Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
He dwells within us.
Our Father created us for fellowship, adventure, and extravagant conquests.
We are mountain movers because we live in the UNSHAKEABLE KINGDOM OF GOD!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

John G. Elliott Devotional

Devotional from John G. Elliott

A Great Vault

“The prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.” (NASB) “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” (NIV) (James 5:16)

I have imagined beginning my day positioned in front of a great vault. Its doors are wide open and inside are acres and acres of every imaginable kind of wealth. It is the Bank of Heaven and the currency is Grace. The riches of the glory of God are made available to me in their fullness.

As I observe the auspicious dimensions of this fortune, I am stunned to realize that I have been chosen to administrate these resources. My privileged position allows me to distribute these assets across the extensive panorama of the earth itself. There are no geographic boundaries. There are no sociological or class distinctions. I am able to penetrate the darkest and most repulsive prison cell in a remote village. I freely enter the office and cabinet chambers of the rulers of governments. I am able to wield influence in classrooms and businesses; dives and castles; shacks and mansions; theaters and concert halls.

The implement of such authority: prayer. This vintage instrument of power is perhaps the least appreciated, least accessed and most undervalued tool of influence in the world today. We are told numerous times by the Master Himself of its mountain-moving capability. One of His apostles said it could accomplish much and was powerful and effective. It is the divinely ordained mechanism for dispensing blessing, wisdom, comfort, help, encouragement, provision and a wide range of other advantages.

When I pray in accordance with God’s purposes (I John 5:14) I can touch the suffering, persecuted messenger of the gospel in a dark jungle prison in North Korea with fresh encouragement, comfort, hope and provision AND have every confidence that heaven is gladly executing the fulfillment. I can set the wheels of positive change into motion in a person’s mind and heart that needs the transforming power of the truth. I can frustrate the plans of evil men and even bring confusion into demonic ranks by the faithful exercise of this privilege.

Yes, you and I daily stand at the vault of the Bank of Heaven and have the ability to make regular withdrawals. After all, am I not seated with Christ---the Bank’s CEO--- in His office in the heavenly realms? (See Ephesians 1) Has He not encouraged me to make regular withdrawals and learn to be persistent at it?

This is the only banking institution in the universe that pays healthy dividends upon withdrawals!!! Another amazing feature is that it is a truly equal opportunity lender. Every disciple of the kingdom has full access.

However, it has been duly observed that those who make the most withdrawals appear to be in the highest standing with the Bank and thus place themselves in a position to take advantage of the wider range of the Bank’s services. So what keeps me, at this very moment, from keeping my account active and being a source of blessing?

No comments:

Post a Comment